The Healing Powers of Essential Oils
Essential oils have a long history of therapeutic use and have been used for centuries to heal and repair. In modern aromatherapy, the healing power of lavender oil was discovered by French chemist, Rene Maurice Gattefosse, after he accidentally plunged his badly burnt hand into a vat of it and was amazed at its effects on his burns. Dr. Jean Valet also harnessed the healing benefits of essential oils for treating injured soldiers in the Second World War.
Want to tap into the healing power of essential oils for yourself? Let’s talk a little bit about how you can use them:
● Clove and eucalyptus oils have antiseptic qualities - including Staph aureus.
● Lavender can speed up hair growth. Lavender oil has properties that can generate the growth of cells and reduce stress, It also has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties, which can improve scalp health.
● Lemon oil has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
● Oregano oil can be used to treat scalp conditions and skin problems.
● Tea tree oil is antiseptic and antibacterial. It’s often used to treat fungal infections such as ringworms.
● A blend of 2 drops of rosehip oil and 2 tsps. of almond oil can revitalize tired, dull looking skin or hair
● Peppermint, eucalyptus, thyme, frankincense and ginger oils can all be used topically by massaging into the scalp or through diffusion to increase the scalp circulation that results in the flow of blood to the scalp. It also stimulates the hair follicles and encourages growth. The fatty acids in the ginger are beneficial for thin hair. ● Peppermint and eucalyptus oils can also relieve itchy scalp
Most essential oils will need to be blended with a carrier oil if they’re applied topically.
It’s super important to buy high quality essential oils that will offer the best therapeutic benefits.
Until next time!