It’s no secret that many people are unhappy with their jobs. A recent study found that only 13% of workers worldwide are engaged in their work. The vast majority of people are disengaged from their jobs.
So how can you find work you love? And once you identify it, how can you build a career around it?
There’s no one-size-fits-all answer to these questions, but there are a few things you can do to increase your chances of finding work that you love.
Identify the things that make you happy. First, think about the things that make you happy and fulfilled. What makes you happy? What makes you lose track of time?
How to identify the things that make you feel happy:
Make a list of the activities you enjoy doing and narrow the list down to pinpoint the things you want most. Consider how you could turn your passion into a long-term career.
● For example, if you love talking to people and learning about natural hair products. You might become a natural hair consultant.
● Research careers that match your passions. Once you’ve identified a few possible career paths, it’s time to research. What does a typical day look like in this field? What kind of education and training is required? Are there job prospects in this field?
Try new things. Explore different careers and see which ones resonate with you. Talk to people already doing what you want to do.
● Volunteer in a field that interests you. If you register for the ZAMORA NATURAL HAIR & BRAIDING VIP program you will be enrolled in the WORK TO LEARN program which is an apprenticeship. This should be able to point you in the right direction.
● Take classes or workshops related to your field of interest. At ZAMORA NATURAL HAIR & BRAIDING you can take classes to learn more about natural hair styling or business strategies to help you succeed.
● Network with people who work in your desired field. Networking with people within the same area will give you an idea of what it’s like to work in your chosen field. You can find networking events on meetup.com or search for “networking events + your city” online.
● Read books, blogs, and articles about people who have built careers around their passions.
Get a coach or mentor. If you’re still unsure how to turn your passion into a career, consider working with a coach or mentor. A coach can help you identify your desires and set goals to achieve them.
● Look for someone who is doing what you want to do. You can search on Facebook or LinkedIn to find successful coaches in your field of interest.
● Once you’ve found a potential mentor, reach out and introduce yourself. Make sure that this person has the time and willingness to help you.
● Ask mutual acquaintances or friends if they know anyone who could be an excellent mentor for you.
Take the time to find work you’re passionate about, and you’ll be more likely to find career success and satisfaction.
Pursuing your passion can be scary, but it’s also gratifying. By figuring out what you want to do with your life, you can set yourself up for a bright future.
You can start by thinking about what makes you happy and finding a career that matches your interests. Alternatively, you can try new things and explore different fields until you discover something that genuinely resonates with you.