Learn the Basics of Natural Hair Styling & Braiding
1 Day Bootcamp
Natural Hair & Braiding Basics Class
Learn how to use the products you already have along with basic natural hair care, styling techniques, & braiding options for you or your child.
Licensed cosmetologist/ natural hair care & braid specialist will teach:
● How to braid & style natural hair
● The importance of regular hair cutting and trimming
● How to brush and comb out textured hair safely
● How to section hair to prepare for various braiding designs and natural texturizing techniques
● How to shampoo and basic massaging techniques
● How to identify proper hair tools and the know how to handle them to create braiding and other natural styling techniques
● The best techniques to blow dry natural hair.
● How to create, apply, and use various hair tonics, hair oils, and conditioning preparations.
● Product types that are known to help for hair growth and teach students how to properly use these products
This 1 day boot camp reviews the natural hair management techniques as well as basic styling for healthy hair that will ensure students the know how to detangle, shampoo, condition, moisturize, and blow dry their hair as well as 7 basic styles such as twists, twist outs, flat twists, braids, cornrows, rod sets, and wash n go’s with their natural hair.
The proper grooming of textured hair is a nurturing experience. Regular hair care and grooming will encourage new growth, nourish weakened or damaged hair, and enhance the overall aesthetics of your hair. This course is perfect for anyone who works with textured hair on themselves or their family members.
Students must purchase the supplies needed.
Supply list: Mannequin & stand (or you can work on your own hair), rat-tail comb, 1 paddle brush without the ball on tips, 1 wide tooth comb, 1 pack of butterfly clips, 1 pack of duckbill clips, 2 packs of perm rods, blow dryer with comb attachment, Apple cider vinegar, jojoba oil, vanilla essential oil, lavender essential oil, rosemary essential oil, virgin olive oil oil, orange essential oil (bring in the hair products you already have)
The course is 1 day live at the College of Southern Maryland in La Plata
Title: Textured Hair Is Manageable
Course Number: AAA-8240-163876
9 am to 4 pm
Costs $79 per person